How to Reuse Candle Vessels
Here's a common scenario: you've burned through all 60+ hours of your candle, and now you're left with an almost empty vessel (or maybe a closet full of them!). Now what?! One of the most frequently asked questions we receive is "what do I do with my leftover candle jars?" Of course, that's a great problem to have - we love knowing that you loved and fully enjoyed your candle! Kudos to you for considering the environment instead of simply tossing the jar into the trash. The good news is, there are lots of options for reusing and repurposing your empty Penn & Beech candle vessels - read on!
First, start with a clean, empty vessel. There are lots of ways to do this (a quick web search will confirm), and a few of our favorite ways are below:
Now that your vessel is empty and clean, your options for giving it a second life are endless! Below are some of our favorite ways to reuse and repurpose our Penn & Beech vessels:
- Ceramic and concrete vessels are ideal for propagating plants and herbs! Place a few small rocks at the bottom of the vessel before adding soil to help with drainage.
- Glass vessels with a lid are perfect for small objects around the house and car. Paper clips, rubber bands, even dog treats (just be sure to clean the vessel thoroughly)!
- Shorter, wider vessels are perfect for corralling objects that are easily lost, like keys and jewelry.
- Your prettiest of vessels will make any bathroom feel like a fancy spa! Place on a tray and fill with makeup brushes, cotton balls, qtips, etc.
We also offer two in-store options for reusing and recycling vessels:
- Bring your clean, empty P&B vessel into the shop and you can pour into it again for $5 off the price of a new vessel. The vessel must be free of any cracking or damage to ensure a safe burn. Have a vessel that isn't ours but want to pour into it? You can! The price for a vessel that isn't one of ours is $3.50/ounce (we'll give you an exact price at the shop).
- If you'd rather pour into a new vessel, we understand! We'll take your empty vessels off your hands to recycle them and will give you a $1 credit per returned vessel to use towards the purchase of a new candle.
Questions? Don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com. Happy Reusing!